Wednesday 7 January 2015

Paris

PARIS

We got up early and left Munich at 5 am where there was the highest snowfall in 30 years. The train trip to Paris was on a double decker train and we were on the top. I was so sad because we were leaving family and I missed them already.

We had a small apartment on the 6th floor near the Louvre and the river Siene and there was no lift. Even though it was only the 6th floor it was a long way because there were bridges and each level was around 3 metres high and the steps were very thin.  Even our apartment was over another three levels. But we had a cool rooftop terrace where we could see all of Paris from.                                                                                  

We arrived on New Years Eve and there were Fireworks, which was a surprise because they said that they would not have fireworks but they did and they were fantastic. There were millions of people out on the streets.

We walked to Tour de Eiffel (Eiffel tower) twice but both times we walked there the line would take around 4 or 5 hours to get in so we did not get to go up to the Eiffel tower and I was very very very sad. But my dad took photos of me in-front of it.

We went on a Boat ride and it was fun because we went under all the bridges and it echoed when a made noises.

We went to Notre Dame and it was so big and nice and it was beautiful. I think it was the biggest church I have ever seen.

We went on a double decker Bus and we had a great view of Paris and my dad took some photos.
                                                                                                                                    
Next day mum was sick so I went for a huge walk with my Dad and we did 32,460 steps and we were so tired. We walked to l'arc de triomphe and we climbed l'arc de triomphe and because it was in the middle of the city, in a huge round-a-bout. The buildings and the buildings next to each other were like mirrors because they looked all the same.

We went to Sacré cœur de Montmarte and there were big mosaic pictures but with tiny pieces and it looked beautiful. It was one of the most beautiful churches I have seen.


That night we walked to Shakespeare and Company and my dad went in and bought 5 books and he is reading one now. My Dad says that it is one of the coolest bookshops in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment