Tuesday 7 March 2017

Tokyo part 1 - Shinjuku and Shibuya

For those people who have read my blogs before you would know that I get air sick on planes, but this time I didn’t get sick at all. I watched a couple of movies but that didn’t take up the whole ten-hour flight. The movies that I watched were the new Ice Age movie, “Back to the Future” and half of “Crocodile Dundee”, which took up about 5-6 hours of the flight but the rest of the time I played on my iPad.

After we landed and went through all the customs we went in a hotel car to the hotel. We are staying in a hotel called the Park Hyatt which had a movie filmed in it called “Lost in Translation” which is one of my Dad’s favourite movies. The hotel is really nice and fancy and we have a great view of Mount Fuji and the city. After we had a look at our room we had dinner and then went to bed.

Also, a lot of the toilets including the one in our hotel room, squirt water up your bum to clean all the poo off. You can adjust the temperature of the water and the pressure of the water. You can also adjust the heat of the seat and the dryer.

The next morning, I woke up, went on my iPad, then we went to have breakfast in the hotel. It was nice, I had bacon and eggs. When we finished having breakfast we went to get are tickets validated for the train (they are pretty much like paper Mykis. Well turns out that we were in the biggest train station in the world. It took us an hour to find out where to go. 

We caught a train to Harajuku to go to a very big park called “Mogokoro” we walked around for a while and it was so cool. Then we went to a shrine in the park called “Meiji Jinga” we looked around there and prayed. After that we went down a side street full of shops called Takeshita street ha-ha yes very funny. The street was really crowded and the shops sold some weird T-shirts and giant fairy floss. 

We went back to Harajuku station and caught the train to Shibuya we went past the worlds busiest intersection, you can even cross diagonally there. Then after we crossed the road we went to get lunch except my dad went record shopping while my mum and I had lunch. Then on the way back we took some photos of the intersection. I even climbed up on something right next to the busy road to take a photo. 

On the way back from the biggest train station in the world to our hotel we stopped to watch some people play soccer. They were kind enough to let me join in. Not that long into the game the team I was on got a penalty because of a handball. They let me take the penalty and shot and it went in, it was a pretty good penalty. Later on the other team scored a goal. It was really fun.

When the game finished we went back to the hotel and went to the hotel restaurant hotel to get dinner I had a yummy steak and for dessert I had a scoop of vanilla ice-cream. Then after that we went back to the room and then went to bed.

The second day we explored the Shinjuku area of Tokyo. My dad who listens to a lot of music went to two record stores called Disc union, both stores were seven stories high. That took two and a bit hours which was a bit boring for me. Then we went to golden guy which is a whole heap of tiny bars and restaurants which only fit 5-6 people! Then we explored the Kabuki-Cho area which was filled with loads of lights and lot of noise and lot of crazy stuff. We played a weird drum game in an arcade and for some reason my dad and I got 2 extra games. Then we walked back to the hotel and I had a sandwich for dinner and a piece cake then I went to bed.


The third day we went to the Municipal building and took some cool panorama photos. We went in a photo booth which is a first for me. At the top of the building we had a very good view of the city which is only buildings and nothing else. Then we caught a train to Yoyogee. One of my Uncle’s friends was in search for the greatest Sasebo burger and he found it. He was on Japanese TV, so we had the Sasebo burger from that place he recommended to everyone on that show. Then we went back to Harajuku and we looked at another shrine called Togo Shrine. We prayed and walked around the shrine for a while. My parents took photos of the first blossoms. Then we came back to our hotel because it got really cold and really wet. Then we went to a restaurant which had really good food. It was kind of like a fondue. When we finished we went to our room and went to bed.        

No comments:

Post a Comment