Tuesday 16 December 2014

Nurnberg to Regensburg


Yesterday I arrived in Regensburg but first I want to say that I did some more things in Nurnberg. We were there for three nights.

In Nurnberg we went to the Imperial Castle at the top of the city that was very old. We also visited the old Rathaus (town hall) and the main church, St Sebald, in the middle of the town, right near the main Christmas market.  We walked along the old city walls. The town has a river that runs through the middle. We walked across a really old covered bridge and saw some ducks in the water.

We had dinner at the Christmas market and we got Bratwurst, corn on a cob and a banana kebab covered with chocolate.  I ordered the food in German and the lady thought I was actually from Germany and started talking to me!

It took us just under an hour to get to Regensburg. We went on an ICE train. I sat on my own 2-seated table and watched The Simpsons and played asphalt 8. We are having a great time in Regensburg we are stay in a cool place that has a balcony.

On the day we arrived, my dad’s cousins, onkel Thomas and tante Gisella, came from Munich to meet us. It took them 70 minutes to get from Munich to Regensburg.

We went to the Christmas market at the Thurn and Taxis Palace that you had to pay to get in. I ate a bratwurst that had cheese inside the sausage, it was delicious. We saw the Christmas angel doing a speech about how beautiful the place was and there was a man playing a song on the trumpet. My mum bought herself a steak sandwich and I had a bite and it was yummy.

Today we walked around Regensburg. We saw the world heritage centre in an old salt store, the stone bridge that was built in 1135, St Peter’s cathedral that took 600 years to build, the old town hall, Porta Praetoria which is a Roman arch built 179 AD and Goliath house.

 I am learning more here than if I were at school (just joking).

3 comments:

  1. Awesome Ben! Looks like you are having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ben, its your Mum's friend from work, Pip. It is very enjoyable reading your travel blog. It definitely sounds like you are learning more than being at school. It also sounds like you are eating more than if you were at school !

    ReplyDelete